24 January 2013

I like this.

It's my first time posting my work I had done in my degree here I guess. Here is my "Haptic design" project outcome. So what "haptic" mean? Haptic is something that be touch, it can be anything, it's kinda like a product design but it's not commercial it's about creativity and art. The brief is about, we need to create something to celebrate the anniversary of anything. I know I know, that doesn't sounds like a brief because it's so wide. Forget about it, my lecturer doesn't really look at the brief, he just being random. LOL! I'm doing a calendar for "Martins Dance Centre", they are celebrating their 75th Anniversary this year. 

Since it's a dance centre, and dancer is always busy and messed up with their schedule. So why not create a calendar for dancer? This dance centre teach three dance which zumba, latin and ballet. First, a simple calendar, and I created three different stamp with different shoe shape to represent them. This is how it works, let's say tomorrow I got ballet class, so stamp it on the calender. I got latin class on next week, stamp the word latin on the following date. The black thing on the right is the ink pad that you can slide out. Well, I know this sounds a little bit too much but it's for haptic anyway. I'm kinda satisfied with the outcome, but making this is no kidding. First time putting myself in the workshop doing all these, so much problems that I never thought of and consideration. Glad that I had learnt something that can't learn it in Malaysia because they don't have all these facilities. Middlesex is definitely worth it with the school fees. Picture time! 










Cheers,
Melissa Tan 

No comments: