15 September 2013

First backpack trip to Manila, Philippines.

Once in a lifetime, you have to challenge yourself and go for adventurous backpack trip with your trusted friend. Hey ya, I went Manila last month, five days four nights staying there. Putting myself exactly into their lifestyle, live like them and feel the environment. Right, so many of them asked "why Manila?" Manila, not very well developed country, they are listed as second class country as well. I've no idea about their lifestyle and environment, and, I'm curious about it. Been to quite a few well developed country, they looks amazing indeed. Luxurious lifestyle, well pampered and live good. It's time, it's time to see the another side of this world, people that don't live well, suffer, no good. Kids barefooted, lack of education and medication, living under the tree, homeless. Their anger and frustrations that you will never understand, they wants to live better. I feel bad to see all these happen.  

Anyhow, we got cheated quite a few time there. The place is dangerous. Been to up and down, adventurous it is. And thank god, I live it! It was priceless! Picture below was taken with very basic digital camera, bare with the quality. Black and white version said it all, describing my thoughts and feelings to this country.  


Visited their biggest mall, called Mall of Asia. Trust me, inside is empty. Nothing much and their security checked everyone's bag before entering the mall because too many explosion case happened. 



Whatssup! That's my partner for this trip, hey Penny! 



One typical tourist picture of me. 




Filipinos has to eat rice every morning. This is one of their rice delicacies in this famous restaurant called Aristocrat Restaurant. Taste not bad thou.   



Tricycle, one of their public transport. 



People selling delicacies everywhere, with their self made customize movable stall. Work to live. 



Traditional stall selling all kinds of junk foods. 



Let's go on a horse ride!



My turn with the horse, we tour around Manila city. 


People live under the tree, they are homeless. This scene is everywhere. all along the roadside. 




Visited to this historical place, where they kept the prisoner.




on the horse ride. the air is very dusty. 




This is chinatown. 


Finally, a better place. 



Their best tourist place in this city.







Time for home!


Priceless experience I got from this trip. Appreciate and cherish my life even more, glad with what I have right now. What's next on my long-life-todolist? Come with me!
Cheers!  




Loves,
Melissa Tan 

No comments: